Whilst visiting Skipton and the Dales, you can explore the Market (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) Skipton Castle, Bolton Abbey, Embsay Steam Railway (is Thomas in town?), all a 'must see'. But of course Grassington, Kettlewell (Setting for film Calendar Girls) Emmerdale Country, Farmers Markets, Dickensian Festival, Scarecrows, Haworth the list goes on and on are all nearby. Hazel or Phil will be happy to advise on an itinerary, or recommend one of the numerous great local bars or restuarants
To give you some idea of the events are happening throughout the year in the local area, take a look at the diary below.
- Happy New Year. The SALES are here, how about enjoying them on The High Street of the Year? Don't let the cold bother you, off to the market for woolly hat and mitts.
- Dont forget Valentines, a romantic getaway to the Yorkshire Dales, a gentle stroll through the Wilderness or a walk through Skipton Woods then back to Chinthurst for hot chocolate and a DVD.
- All Mother's need a treat so why not a few day's away from it all for Mother's Day.
- Book early for Easter, always a busy and beautiful time in the Dales.
- Skipton Waterway Festival attracts hundreds of boaters to Yorkshire and it is estimated that around 10,000 visitors come to enjoy the stalls and the varied family entertainment which takes place on the canal side during the day.
- The Dales Festival of Food and Drink at Leyburn.
- The Skipton Charities Gala has been an annual event in the Town for well over a hundred years with a full programme of entertainment in the main arena, together with sideshows, stalls, plenty to eat and drink – and the famous Marshal Waddington Funfair in full flow through into the evening.
- Grassington Festival has an incredibly diverse selection of arts and music.
- Skipton Sheep Day. Attractions, demonstrations, displays and entertainment
- Skipton ClogFest. Clog dancers from all over England gather in Skipton on the second weekend in July to celebrate the glorious tradition of English step dance.
- Kettlewell's Scarecrow Festival. Explore by walking the "Scarecrow Trail", identifying selected scarecrows and solving associated clues which, each year, are based on a different theme.
- The Kilnsey Show, the Dales' foremost agricultural Show.
- Skipton Country and Western Music Festival
- Craven Pothole Club open Gaping Gill to the public over the Bank holiday
- International Skipton Puppet Festival. This 3-day event offers a variety of performances for Family and Adult audiences in various venues as well as an extensive free street programme.
- Halloween - dont be scared, Skipton has ghosts to boast about. Hazel is not the only witch in town!!!
- Kite Festival at Bolton Abbey. Bring your kite and fly with the experts.
- Bolton Abbey Country Fayre. Local produce and crafts on sale.
- Yuletide Festival and Christmas Market. The Yuletide Festival is an ideal opportunity to sample the best High Street in Britain – and to bag yourself a pre-Christmas bargain at the same time. In fact, you could do ALL your Christmas shopping in one go at the fabulous range of independent shops, market stalls and famous high street brands.